Whittier Weekly: October 23, 2018
THIS WEEK is Box Top Collection Week!
TONIGHT 10/23 Family Fun Night @ Chipotle 4-8pm (see details below)
TOMORROW 10/24 Reflections Workshop with Mr. Belonio during lunch recess
Friday 10/26 Spirit Day – Wear your Whittier Wear or blue/gold
10/31 Halloween Parade 1:30pm
11/2 Reflections Competition Entry Deadline
11/7 Math Night 6:30-7:30pm
11/8 Dress the Turkey Night (1st Grade) 6-7pm
- Picture Retake Day
- Board of Education Meeting 7pm @ DG Village Hall
- Family Fun Night @ Chipotle
- Math Night
1. Family Fun Night @ Chipotle
Join us TONIGHT at Chipotle at 1203 W. Ogden Ave for our annual fundraiser! Chipotle is very generous in giving back 33% of proceeds to our PTA.
CLICK HERE for the flier – we hope to see you there!
2. Math Night
Whittier Math Night will be Wednesday, November 7th from 6:30 – 7:30 at Whittier. This will be open to all students and their parents that are currently in 4th through 7th grade level math classes. Parents will join their kids in solving many challenging math puzzles as we all work together to Crack the Code. RSVP here: http://evite.me/HShX1rRVcX
Calling all Artists! PTA Reflections Program is now accepting submissions! This year’s theme is “Heroes Around Me”
- The Reflections Competition is a nationwide fine arts competition offered by the PTA.
- Students can submit an entry in any of the following categories: Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts, Dance Choreography, or Film Production.
- Three students in each category will “win” at the school level and be sent on to compete at the Council level.
- There is a Ceremony in December to recognize school winners and announce Council winners. Council winners will move on to the state competition.
- Mr. Belonio is holding a Reflections workshop at lunch recess on Oct. 24. Mr. Krugman will make an announcement when those workshops take place.
- Students can turn projects in at the office or contact Wendy Carter at email@example.com or 630-696-0553 to drop off submissions.
- The entry deadline is Friday, November 2nd!
- CLICK HERE for the student entry form