Whittier Weekly: August 11, 2015 — UPDATED
Please note, due to some technical issues, we are republishing Tuesday’s Whittier Weekly.
Registration for the Jog is now open and the link is included.
For those that pre-ordered, information regarding School Supply Kit Pick-Up is below.
Tuesday August 25 — Back to School Social at 2:30!
Meet new friends and say hello to old friends! The PTA will provide popsicles on the playground for this relaxed welcome back to school event for the entire family!
- August 25 – Kindergarten Supply Drop off and Back to School Social
- Jaguar Jog – Mark your calendar for the Jog on September 20th
- School Supply Pick-Up
- Fun Lunch – new process makes the ordering process easier
- Language Stars Program Information
- Reflections – “Let Your Imagination Fly”
1. August 25 Kindergarten Supply Drop Off and Back to School Social
In-Coming kindergarteners and their families are invited to bring their school supplies and meet Mrs. Plepel on August 25th from 2:00-2:30. All Whittier families are invited to attend the Back-to-School Social on August 25th at 2:30
2. Jaguar Jog
Mark your calendars for Whittier’s 4th Annual Jaguar Jog!
September 20, 2015
All proceeds support the PTA!
Kids 1 mile fun run begins at 9:00 am
5K run/walk begins at 9:45
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Other ways to support Whittier PTA through the Jaguar Jog:
Host or co-host an experience
Have a great idea for an experience? Contact Rita Brezina, email@example.com
to volunteer to donate a party or activity with all proceeds going to PTA!
Sponsor an intersection
Show your Whittier spirit by decorating an intersection! Your donation will help cover the operating budget of the race. You can do as much or as little as you want with your intersection–let your imagination “RUN” wild! Each intersection will have a sign thanking the sponsor(s). At the end of the run, participants will vote for their favorite intersection! Contact Suzy Ennis firstname.lastname@example.org
with questions. Or reserve your intersection when you register!
Make a monetary donation
Sponsorship opportunities are available to businesses and families who would like to support the Jaguar Jog.
3. SUPPLY KITS FROM SCHOOLKIDZ
Schoolkidz school supply delivery date has been set for WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19TH.
Time is still to be determined. When we get the call that morning from the delivery company with a window for delivery, we will send out an email to all who ordered supplies. Please check your email regularly on Wednesday, August 19th for pickup times.
Pickup will be AT WHITTIER
4. Fun Lunch Purchase School Lunches Online: Ordering lunches has never been easier!
Whittier Elementary School has partnered with orderlunches.com to provide a secure, fast, and easy-to-use online ordering system that allows parents to view our Fun lunch menu, order, prepay and manage student Fun lunches on the web.
Registration and Ordering starts on: 8/1
Important Note Before You Begin:
IF you are eligible for free meals, Please contact Leslie at email@example.com or 630-719-5865
Go To: www.orderlunches.com – (please bookmark this page)
- Click on Register: Password is: WES338, add account, profile(s) information
- Sign In & the Welcome page displays with Program Info (Order Schedule, Rules etc.)
- Click Order at Top of Nav Bar & go to proper month
- Click the Order link on the date to begin – First Lunch Date is: 9/18
- Check out & pay – Please be sure to complete the check-out process. Do not close your browser prior to receiving the confirmation display or your order may be interrupted and not fully processed. Items left in your shopping cart will not be processed and your order will not be placed.
FOOD or POLICY (Missed/Late Orders, Credits, and Changes/Cancellations): email Cheri at firstname.lastname@example.org or Geeta at email@example.com and they’ll get back to you right away.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (help navigating the site): email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAYMENT INFORMATION The program accepts payment by Debit Card or Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard & Discover.
Be sure to proceed to checkout and process your payment. Orders that are left in the shopping cart will NOT be processed and your student(s) will not be included in the lunch service.
Fun Lunch FAQ and Ordering Process
Thank you for participating in our school lunch program!
5. Language Schools Before School Program Information
Language Stars and Whittier have partnered to offer Spanish classes, as well as French classes, before school from 7:40-8:20 one day a week. A minimum of 10 students are needed for enrollment.
If you have any questions, please contact Denise Llewellyn at 773.339.1820 or email@example.com
This is a pay-to-participate activity. Please see below for more information.
The PTA Reflections theme for 2015-16 has been announced: “Let Your Imagination Fly…” Students may begin brainstorming and creating their projects over the summer to get a head start on Reflections for next year! PTA Reflections welcomes all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Students are asked to reflect the theme and create original works of art in the categories of:
- dance choreography
- film production
- music composition
- visual arts
Entries may be turned in anytime from Sept through early Nov. More specific dates will be announced next school year. Students can go to the National PTA website for specific rules.
*If your student(s) no longer attend Whittier School, please reply and we’ll promptly remove you from our email list.
Thank you for all you do,
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA C0-Presidents)
Carla Giannelli & Karrie Donat (PTA C0-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
- Monday, August 17, 2015: Summer Math at Downers Grove Library 9:30-11:30 and 5:30-7:30
- Wednesday, August 19, 2015: School Supply Kit Pick-Up (you must have pre-ordered, time is TBD)
- Tuesday, August 25, 2015: Kindergarten Supply Drop Off 2:00
- Tuesday, August 25, 2015: Back to School Social 2:30
- Wednesday, August 26, 2015: First Day of School – Full Day
- Monday, September 7, 2015: Labor Day, No School
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, September 18, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Sunday, September 20, 2015: Jaguar Jog
- Friday, September 25, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Friday, October 2, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Friday, October 9, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Monday, October 12, 2015: Columbus Day, No School
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015: Teachers Institute No School
- Friday, October 16, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, October 23, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Wednesday, October 28, 2015: Variety Show TECH Rehearsal 3:00-6:00 MANDATORY
- Tuesday, November 3, 2015: Variety Show Stage Crew Dry Run 3:00-5:00 MANDATORY
- Wednesday, November 4, 2015: Variety Show Dress Rehearsal 3:00-6:00 MANDATORY
- Friday, November 6, 2015: Variety Show School Performance
- Thursday, November 12, 2015: Variety Show Tivoli Rehearsal 3:00-5:00 MANDATORY
- Saturday, November 14, 2015: Variety Show at the Tivoli
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 – Friday, November 27, 2015: Thanksgiving Holiday, No School
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, December 21, 2015 – Sunday, January 3, 2016: Winter Break, No School
- Monday, January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Day, No School
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, February 12, 2016: No School
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 4, 2016: Teacher Inservice, No School
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 25, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016: Spring Break, No School
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency days