Whittier Weekly: December 2, 2014
“Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.” – Dave Barry
We hope you had a wonderful (and filling!) Thanksgiving weekend. Now only three more weeks of school (and shopping!) before winter break arrives.
Thank you to all who have taken Whittier Winter Mittens and have kept the recipients in mind when out on their holiday shopping adventures. It is the generosity of the Whittier community that makes it such a special place.
Please note that due to the hectic nature of the holiday season, there WILL NOT be a PTA meeting in December. The next PTA meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 20, 2015.
We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Whittier Community. Thank you!
Rita Brezina & Valerie Hardy (PTA Co-Presidents)
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA Co-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
Thank you to everyone who ordered from Market Day this month! Pick-up is this Thursday, Dec. 4 from 1:45 to 2:45 in the Jaguar Jungle. If you are unable to make it at this time, please let us know and we will be happy to store your items in the freezer at school. We just ask that you please pay in advance so we do not have to chase down any late payments or take funds from our profits. As always, your Market Day business is greatly appreciated! If you have any questions, please contact Kellie Miller at (812) 204-4384 or Amy Gassen at (630) 971-0689.
- Friday, December 12: Fun Lunch
- December 22, 2014 – January 2, 2015: Winter Break
- Monday, January 5: Classes Resume
- Monday, January 19: No School, Martin Luther King Day
- Wednesday, February 4: Half-Day
- Wednesday, February 11: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Thursday, February 12: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Monday, February 16: No School, Presidents’ Day
- Friday, February 27: No School, Teacher Institute Day
- Monday, March 30 – Monday, April 6: No School, Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 7: Classes Resume
- Monday, May 25: No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 3: Last Day of School if no emergency days are used
- *Wednesday, June 10: Last Day of School
- *June 4-June 10 are emergency days and may be declared holidays if not needed