Whittier Weekly: December 9, 2014
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
Have an idea or feedback to share with the PTA? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that due to the hectic nature of the holiday season, there WILL NOT be a PTA meeting in December. The next PTA meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 20, 2015.
We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Whittier Community. Thank you!
Rita Brezina & Valerie Hardy (PTA Co-Presidents)
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA Co-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
Lots of projects were uploaded to Artsonia last week – make sure to check them out. Think about turning your child’s artwork into something fun – a magnet, mug, t-shirt. They will make great holiday gifts. If you have not been able to access your child’s artwork on line – this is most likely due to the fact that you have not granted permission to the website. An e-mail should have been sent to you from Artsonia requesting permission. In addition, take home permission slips were sent home in your student’s backpack if they had not yet been granted permission. If you have any questions – please contact Lisa McTigue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chess Scholars New Session
The new session of Chess Scholars will begin on the second Monday after the Holiday Break! You should have received a paper copy of the sign up form in your child’s backpack last week. If you did not or if you have misplaced it, there are extra copies in the office. The form can also be printed fromWinter 2015 Chess Scholars Flyer Whittier school
. Please mail the form and payment directly to Chess Scholars (directions are on the form). We are looking forward to our winter chess crew! If you have any questions, please email Mindy Werner (email@example.com
The Student Council is collecting new or like new cold weather accessories for adult men and women (hats, scarves, gloves, mittens) from December 8-19th. These will be provided to PADS clients this holiday season. We appreciate any winter apparel items you can send in to help those in our community during this cold weather season.
Toys for Tots
Once again this year, Whittier will “team up” with Toys For Tots. Through a new toy at the holidays, the goal of Toys For Tots is to deliver a message of hope to less fortunate children. The program collects and distributes toys to the community in which the campaign is conducted. Please consider supporting Toys For Tots by donating a new, unwrapped toy during the Whittier School drive, Wednesday, December 3 through Friday, December 12th.
- Friday, December 12: Fun Lunch
- December 22, 2014 – January 2, 2015: Winter Break
- Monday, January 5: Classes Resume
- Monday, January 19: No School, Martin Luther King Day
- Wednesday, February 4: Half-Day
- Wednesday, February 11: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Thursday, February 12: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Monday, February 16: No School, Presidents’ Day
- Friday, February 27: No School, Teacher Institute Day
- Monday, March 30 – Monday, April 6: No School, Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 7: Classes Resume
- Monday, May 25: No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 3: Last Day of School if no emergency days are used
- *Wednesday, June 10: Last Day of School
- *June 4-June 10 are emergency days and may be declared holidays if not needed