3. District PTA Upcoming Meetings – Corrected date for SIT Conference February 20th
Building Bridges—A group of District parents that come together to discuss special needs in District 58. Building Bridges has a FB page, Building Bridges Parent/Teacher Group, be sure to like them for ongoing information.
The annual SIT conference will take place in Bensenville on February 20th. This is a technology driven conference for children in grades 3-12. For more information visit
4. Read for Success – Six Flags Reading Incentive
Six Flags reading incentive ends next Wednesday, January 13th. Please turn in your record sheet by Friday January 15th. Tickets will arrive in late May.
We will also be starting the Kane County Reading Club which runs four weeks beginning Wednesday, January 13th and ending Tuesday, February 9th. Game dates are Sunday, May 29 at 6:30 PM and Monday, May 30th at 1PM.
5. Mother Son Gym Jam
January 8th is the Mother Son Gym Jam at the Downers Grove Rec Center From 6:30-8:30 benefitting SEASPAR. Please note, it is the same night as the Whittier Movie Night. For more information, please see the flyer below:
2016 mom son flyer updated
6. Student Council Updates
Thank you Whittier families for your support of the Student Council’s collection for PADS and our holiday candy cane fundraiser. You’re the best!
Just a reminder that the Student Council collects General Mills box tops that are found on many different products. We will be turning our collection in mid-February. Last year’s box top money helped fund an all-school assembly and many of our charities.
Please send cut-out box tops with expiration dates AFTER March 1, 2016, with your child to school ASAP. General Mills does not accept expired box tops. All box tops will be forwarded to Mrs. Krygeris for Whittier’s Student Council.
Thank you and Happy New Year from Whittier Student Council!
7. Family Fun
Mark your calendars for some upcoming Family Fun! On the morning of Monday, January 18th (MLK Day), come out to Baked Apple Restaurant for breakfast with family and friends. A portion of the proceeds will go back to the Whittier PTA. Same for February 29th (Leap Day!) from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Chipotle on Ogden.
Attached is a flyer about the Chipotle event and soon to follow will be a flyer from Baked Apple. Watch your child’s backpack a few days before each event for a hard copy of the flyer to bring with you to the participating restaurant.
- Wednesday, January 6, 2016: Reading Games Committee Meeting
- Friday, January 8, 2016: Fun Lunch Skuttlebutts
- Monday, January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Day, No School
- Monday, January 18, 2016: Baked Apple Family Fun Event
- Friday, January 22, 2016: Fun Lunch Great American Bagel
- Friday, February 5, 2016: Fun Lunch McDonald’s
- Friday, February 12, 2016: No School
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, February 19, 2016: Fun Lunch Buona Beef
- Monday, February 29, 2016: Chipotle Family Fun Event
- Thursday, March 3, 2016: Fun Lunch Potbellys
- Friday, March 4, 2016: Teacher Inservice, No School
- Saturday, March 12, 2016: Reading Games
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 25, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016: Spring Break, No School
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Fun Lunch Mojos
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Spring Fundraiser LP4P 2
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, April 22, 2016: Fun Lunch Great American Bagel
- Friday, May 6, 2016: Fun Lunch Buona Beef
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency day