Whittier Weekly – June 4, 2019
Topics in our Weekly Update…
- Important End of School Dates
- Attire for Field Day – This Friday, June 07
- Whittier PTA Family Fun End of Year Celebration and Request for Volunteers!
- Farewell for Superintendent Dr. Kari Cremascoli
- Incoming Kindergarten Play Date
Questions, Suggestions or Future Topics, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Important End of School Dates
- Wed, June 5 SC ABC – Video Day, BOE Regular Board Meeting, 7:00pm, DG Village Hall
- Thurs, June 6 SC ABC – Whittier Spirit Day
- Fri, June 7 SC ABC – Xtreme Fun Day, Field Day (Primary – AM; Intermediate – PM)
- Mon, June 10 SC ABC – Yippie! Day, Grade 6 Awards; 3:00pm
- Tues, June 11 SC ABC – Zip Up and Zoom Out! Day, 6th Grade Clap-out at 11:30am, Dismissal at 11:40am, Celebration 11:40-1:15 (Adults must accompany)
- Thurs, June 13 School Office Closes for the Summer
2. Attire for Field Day
Students are encouraged to wear their grade level ‘Choose Kind’ T-shirts, but if they don’t have one, they can wear any shirt in the designated grade color listed below:
- Kindergarten – Yellow
- Grade 1 – Kelly Green
- Grade 2 – Light Heather Gray
- Grade 3 – Royal Blue
- Grade 4 – Lime Green
- Grade 5 – Aquatic Blue
- Grade 6 – Purple
3. Whittier PTA Family Fun End of Year Celebration
Join us on the Whittier primary blacktop on the last day of school on June 11th from 11:40 – 1:15. There will be treats, a dunk tank, balloon twisters, glitter tattoos and entertainment by DLD Dance Center. All Whittier students & families welcome! Each child must be supervised by a designated parent or other adult.
We are currently looking for Volunteers to help ensure the day is a success, sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C084FA5AC2AA0F85-endofyear
4. Farewell for Superintendent Dr. Kari Cremascoli
Dr. Kari Cremascoli a Whittier Parent, will be leaving District 58 at the end of June to begin her new position as superintendent in Wilmette District 39. The Board of Education would like to recognize Kari for her seven years of leadership in District 58, and wish her well as she moves forward. All are invited to a short reception in the Village Hall Council Chambers foyer at 6:30 p.m. preceding the June 5th Board of Education Meeting.
5. Incoming Kindergarten Playdate
Mark your calendars if you have an incoming kindergartner starting in August! Kids and their parents/sitters/nannies are invited to a ‘get to know you’ playdate at the Randall Park Playground before school starts from 4-5:30 PM on Tuesday, August 13.