Whittier Weekly: March 17, 2015
“I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it.”
– Denzel Washington
The big night is almost here! This Friday, March 20th, is the “LP4P” spring fundraiser event. The evening is sure to be chockfull of fun, great prizes, and exciting experience sign-ups. We look forward to seeing you there!
General PTA Fundraising:
Thank you to everyone who came out last week to share their thoughts about the direction Whittier’s PTA fundraising efforts should go in. This conversation raised many important questions that we will continue to explore at future PTA meetings.
If you weren’t able to make it to last week’s meeting but would like to share your thoughts regarding how much fundraising is appropriate, what type of fundraisers you prefer, or anything else related to fundraising/communications around the PTA’s fundraising, please contact Rita Brezina (email@example.com) or Valerie Hardy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
- March 24 @ 7:00 p.m. at Whittier (Jaguar Jungle) – Monthly PTA General Membership Meeting
- April 21 @ 7:00 p.m. at Whittier (Jaguar Jungle) – PTA Volunteer Fair / Monthly PTA General Membership Meeting
- May 19 @ 7:00 p.m. at Whittier (Jaguar Jungle) – Final Monthly PTA General Membership Meeting of the Year
Free babysitting is available at all monthly PTA meetings in the activities/art room at Whittier.
We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Whittier Community. Thank you for all of your support!
Rita Brezina & Valerie Hardy (PTA Co-Presidents)
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA Co-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
Save the Date: Wednesday April 15th from 7-8pm in the Jaguar Gym.
Social Emotional Learning: Girls and Puberty
Parents of girls in grades 3rd through 6th grade are invited to a presentation, followed by a question & answer session about the changes our daughters begin to go through as they enter puberty. Sara Felker will present on the Social and Emotional changes. In addition, a pediatrician will be there to discuss the physical changes girls experience during the onset of puberty.
More information to follow. Presented by the Whittier Social Emotional Learning Committee.Please RSVP and send questions you would like answered to Debbie Levinthal at email@example.com
Friday…it’s almost Friday…the Spring Fundraiser is here! Hope to see you out Friday night at the American Legion Hall! Awesome experiences, All things Whittier, silent auction, basket raffle, 50/50 and games galore!Pre-Order your tickets buy Wednesday and save valuable time the night of the event. Your tickets will be ready and waiting for you! The Credit Card Authorization will make purchases a snap (There is a one time $2 transaction fee for credit card transactions for this event)! We will keep track for you! LP4P Pre-Order Form and Credit Card Authorization forms are are posted on the Whittier PTA website or open the attachment here LP4P booklet
to see all the great silent auction and basket raffle packages!Don’t miss the new info about the AWESOME Father/Son experience!
Chess Scholars Spring Sign Up Is Here!
Please see attached electronic flyer. The paper copies will be coming home with all students at the end of the week or possibly the beginning of next week. You can print out the flyer and send it in now!
As a reminder, the current session of Chess Club will be holding a make up session for the February 1st snow day on Monday, March 23rd at 3:00. This date will be our last chess club of the winter session.
Spring 2015 Chess Scholars Flyer Whittier school
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Friday, March 20: Buona Beef Fun Lunch
- Friday, March 20: Spring Fundraiser
- Monday, March 30 – Monday, April 6: No School, Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 7: Classes Resume
- Friday, April 10: Kindergarten Round-Up
- Friday, April 10: Skuddlebutts Fun Lunch
- Friday, April 24: McDonald’s Fun Lunch
- Friday, May 8: Great American Bagel Fun Lunch
- Monday, May 25: No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 3: Last Day of School if no emergency days are used
- *Wednesday, June 10: Last Day of School
- *June 4-June 10 are emergency days and may be declared holidays if not needed