Whittier Weekly: September 1, 2015
Curriculum Night, this Thursday, September 3,2015 at 6:00 pm – Adults only please
- Jaguar Jog – Mark your calendar for the Jog on September 20th
- Variety Show
- Experiences – Looking for Host Families
- Reach for the Stars PTA Playground Fundraiser
- Fun Lunch – Last Day to Order is Tuesday, September 8, 2015
- Language Stars Program Information
1. Jaguar Jog
Mark your calendars for Whittier’s 4th Annual Jaguar Jog!
September 20, 2015
All proceeds support the PTA!
Kids 1 mile fun run begins at 9:00 am
5K run/walk begins at 9:45
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Other ways to support Whittier PTA through the Jaguar Jog:
Host or co-host an experience
Have a great idea for an experience? Contact Rita Brezina, email@example.com to volunteer to donate a party or activity with all proceeds going to PTA!
Sponsor an intersection
Show your Whittier spirit by decorating an intersection! Your donation will help cover the operating budget of the race. You can do as much or as little as you want with your intersection–let your imagination “RUN” wild! Each intersection will have a sign thanking the sponsor(s). At the end of the run, participants will vote for their favorite intersection! Contact Suzy Ennis firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Or reserve your intersection when you register!
Make a monetary donation
Sponsorship opportunities are available to businesses and families who would like to support the Jaguar Jog.
****Please contact Amy Cable at email@example.com to make a donation or for general questions.****
2. Whittier Variety Show: Best Day of My Life!
Information, applications and permission slips about this year’s variety show have been sent home with the kids. Now is the time to start helping your child(ren) figure out groups, determine what type of act they want to do, and decide where they will rehearse. The schedule and all forms can be found on the variety show web pagehttps://whittierschoolpta.org/special-events/variety-show/
Questions? Email Melissa Rausch at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a host family or families for “movie night”. Traditionally, this is a Friday evening event, held at the school for K-6. Hosting would mean helping to choose the movie, deciding on and purchasing any refreshments, overseeing the event the night of, and finding additional chaperones. Please email Rita Brezina at email@example.com
if you are interested or have questions about this event.
4. Reach for the Stars fundraiser kick-off!
We are 4 days into the Reach for the Stars program. Please make sure your children are reading each night and recording their minutes. Collect those pledges! It is a great time to reach out to family and friends outside of the Whittier School community. Since we are seeking flat donations and NOT per minute donations, pledges can be collected when given.
Remember it’s a 100% return to our kids, our teachers, and Whittier Elementary. What a win-win program! This program’s success is dependent on pledges and reading. We encourage all to participate!
The program ends on September 11 and pledge forms, money and order forms are due on Monday September 14th. These are to be turned into the classroom teachers. You can choose your child’s book selection using this website- http://x3641.myubam.com
5. Fun Lunch Orders Due This Tuesday
**Last day to order is Tuesday, September 8, 2015. Volunteers are needed to help with Fun Lunch! Please go to the PTA Website under “Volunteering” to sign up!
Whittier Elementary School has partnered with orderlunches.com to provide a secure, fast, and easy-to-use online ordering system that allows parents to view our Fun lunch menu, order, prepay and manage student Fun lunches on the web.
Registration and Ordering starts on: 8/1
Important Note Before You Begin:
IF you are eligible for free meals, Please contact Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-719-5865
Go To: www.orderlunches.com – (please bookmark this page)
- Click on Register: Password is: WES338, add account, profile(s) information
- Sign In & the Welcome page displays with Program Info (Order Schedule, Rules etc.)
- Click Order at Top of Nav Bar & go to proper month
- Click the Order link on the date to begin – First Lunch Date is: 9/18
- Check out & pay – Please be sure to complete the check-out process. Do not close your browser prior to receiving the confirmation display or your order may be interrupted and not fully processed. Items left in your shopping cart will not be processed and your order will not be placed.
FOOD or POLICY (Missed/Late Orders, Credits, and Changes/Cancellations): email Cheri at email@example.com or Geeta at firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll get back to you right away.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (help navigating the site): email email@example.com.
PAYMENT INFORMATION The program accepts payment by Debit Card or Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard & Discover.
Be sure to proceed to checkout and process your payment. Orders that are left in the shopping cart will NOT be processed and your student(s) will not be included in the lunch service.
Fun Lunch FAQ and Ordering Process
Thank you for participating in our school lunch program!
6. Language Schools Before School Program Information
Language Stars and Whittier have partnered to offer Spanish classes, as well as French classes, before school from 7:40-8:20 one day a week. A minimum of 10 students are needed for enrollment.
If you have any questions, please contact Denise Llewellyn at 773.339.1820 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a pay-to-participate activity.
Please see below for more information.
The PTA Reflections theme for 2015-16 has been announced: “Let Your Imagination Fly…” Students may begin brainstorming and creating their projects over the summer to get a head start on Reflections for next year!
PTA Reflections welcomes all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Students are asked to reflect the theme and create original works of art in the categories of:
- dance choreography
- film production
- music composition
- visual arts
Entries may be turned in anytime from Sept through early Nov. More specific dates will be announced next school year. Students can go to the National PTA website for specific rules.
*If your student(s) no longer attend Whittier School, please reply and we’ll promptly remove you from our email list.
Thank you for all you do,
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA C0-Presidents)
Carla Giannelli & Karrie Donat (PTA C0-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
- Thursday, September 3, 2015: Curriculum Night, 6:00 pm, this is an adult only event
- Monday, September 7, 2015: Labor Day, No School
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015: Last Day to Sign Up for Fun Lunch
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, September 18, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Sunday, September 20, 2015: Jaguar Jog
- Friday, September 25, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Friday, October 2, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Friday, October 9, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Monday, October 12, 2015: Columbus Day, No School
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015: Teachers Institute No School
- Friday, October 16, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, October 23, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Tuesday, October 27, 2015: Variety Show TECH Rehearsal 3:00-6:00 MANDATORY
- Tuesday, November 3, 2015: Variety Show Stage Crew Dry Run 3:00-5:00 MANDATORY
- Wednesday, November 4, 2015: Variety Show Dress Rehearsal 3:00-6:00 MANDATORY
- Friday, November 6, 2015: Variety Show School Performance
- Thursday, November 12, 2015: Variety Show Tivoli Rehearsal 3:00-5:00 MANDATORY
- Saturday, November 14, 2015: Variety Show at the Tivoli
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 – Friday, November 27, 2015: Thanksgiving Holiday, No School
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, December 21, 2015 – Sunday, January 3, 2016: Winter Break, No School
- Monday, January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Day, No School
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, February 12, 2016: No School
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 4, 2016: Teacher Inservice, No School
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 25, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016: Spring Break, No School
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency days